Raleigh Financial Crime Lawyers
Manning Law Firm, PLLC is here to protect you when you’re facing a state or federal financial crime investigation or charge. We have helped countless individuals in the Raleigh area navigate the ins and outs of their federal financial crime charges. If you have been charged with a financial crime in North Carolina, you should contact an attorney immediately.
Types of Federal and State Financial Crimes
In North Carolina, financial crimes involve money or property that is taken for one’s own use. We have represented countless individuals accused of federal and state financial crimes in NC, including:
3 Common Defenses for Financial Crimes
When fighting a financial crime case, there are 3 common defenses:
- Insufficient Evidence: Proving that there is a lack of evidence around financial crime cases is one of the strongest defenses. For this defense to work, the defense attorney must find gaps in the evidence, and prove that the case is not strong enough for a conviction.
- Entrapment: When the government compels an innocent person to commit a crime they would not otherwise commit, this is called entrapment. The key to this defense is proving that the government official did not just provide an opportunity for the crime, but persuaded the individual with serious action.
- No Intent to Commit Crime: In order for an individual to be indicted with a financial crime, they must have had intent to deceive. Proving that the person charged did not have intent can be difficult, but is always beneficial in financial crime cases.
What should you look for in a financial crime lawyer?
State and federal financial charges are serious matters which require the immediate attention of an experienced attorney. Here’s what to look for when selecting an attorney:
- Prior prosecution experience: a unique understanding of various cases will help your specific situation
- Respect from peers, judges and prosecutors: the attorney you select should be known for their tenacity, expertise and deliberation skills.
- Willing to offer resources: your lawyer should be ready to sacrifice their time and expertise to fight for you.
Contact Manning Law Firm
Our team has earned Tier 1 Ranking as one of the top firms in the U.S. in White Collar Crime defense, and have been members of The Best Lawyers in America© for over 20 years. We are ready to devote our time, resources and experience to you. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation.